Checking out e-books through Overdrive
- Search for a title, author, subject, or keyword, or you can browse titles by subject on nypl.overdrive.com
- When you are browsing titles a blue “available” banner on the cover of an item indicates that it is available to borrow. If a white “wait list” banner appears, the item is currently unavailable to borrow, but you can place a hold on it.
- Click Borrow under the title of the book you want.
- If the item is not available you will see Place a Hold instead of Borrow. If you place a hold on the title, you will receive an email notifying you when it is available for checkout.
- If you are not already logged in to Overdrive, you will be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN and click Sign In. After you sign in, you will see the e-book you borrowed on your eNYPL Loans page.
- Click "Read Now with Kindle." Amazon.com will open in a new tab.
- If you're signed into Amazon on your computer, it will recognize you. Make sure you're signed in with the right account. If you're signed in, choose where you’d like to have this e-book delivered. If you’ve already linked a Kindle or Kindle app they’ll show up in the list here. Click Get Library Book to complete the delivery.
- If you don't have an account yet, you'll have to create one through I am a new customer. Then you will need to connect your Kindle device or app to this account using the Settings menu.
- Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi (Menu > Settings > Wireless Settings > Connect). If you do not have Wi-Fi at home, visit one of our libraries or another Wi-Fi hotspot.
- If your download does not appear once you connect to Wi-Fi, click Menu and "Sync and Check for Items."
The directions can be found on this webpage at New York Public Library.