Signing up for digital library card from NYPL if you have a smart phone or tablet with apps:
1. Go to the app store on your device, and download SimplyE (The Library E-Reader)
2. Once it downloads, open it, and go to Settings on the bottom right of the screen
3. Click on Accounts, and then click on The New York Public Library.
4. Click on "Don't have a Library card?" Sign Up
5. Agree to the terms on the first page, click "Allow Once" to access your location and put in your address information and name on the next screens. You will be asked to make a username and pin--please pick something easy to remember.
6. Now you can browse and check out e-books and audiobooks! Feel free to ask Andrea for suggestions!
Brooklyn Public Library is offering an online library card you can access with a computer.
Queens Public Library is also offering an online library card you can access with a computer.
You can't apply for a new NYPL library card using just a computer. You will need to borrow a phone or tablet to get a library card number. You can copy down your library card number and use it on a computer. You can also contact Andrea to help you get a card.
If you provided the Library with a valid email address, you can click on the Forgot Your PIN? link on the main screen of either the Catalog or Research Catalog. A link with instructions on changing your PIN will be sent to the email address on your account, giving you a brief period of time to update your information. You must select a 4 digit numeric PIN, with no repeating or obvious characters (e.g. 1234 or 2222).