Click on the image above or follow this link to get to the public libraries summer reading 2020 websites!
If you need a public library card, scroll to the bottom box on this page for instructions for getting a digital library card!
Welcome to the summer reading site for East Side Community! You will find suggestions for finding good books for summer reading, assignments for each grade, and all of the materials for New York Public libraries' summer reading activities in the public libraries. Please feel free to use the feedback form in the lower right hand corner to communicate directly with Andrea, the East Side librarian about the website.
Enjoy reading this summer!
You can get a library card from all 3 public library systems!
You can sign up for a digital library card from NYPL if you have a smart phone or tablet with apps:
1. Go to the app store on your device, and download SimplyE (The Library E-Reader)
2. Once it downloads, open it, and go to Settings on the bottom right of the screen
3. Click on Accounts, and then click on The New York Public Library.
4. Click on "Don't have a Library card?" Sign Up
5. Agree to the terms on the first page, click "Allow Once" to access your location and put in your address information and name on the next screens. You will be asked to make a username and pin--please pick something easy to remember.
6. Now you can browse and check out e-books and audiobooks!
Brooklyn Public Library is offering an online library card you can access with a computer.
Queens Public Library is also offering an online library card you can access with a computer.