ComicsPlus - An awesome collection of graphic novels and manga was just purchased for all NYC schools! See your English Classroom account for access.
MarvelUnlimited is offering free classic Marvel comic books every month you can access through the app. No payment details required.
Rivetedlit - This young adult publisher has a free program you can sign up for, and they have free books every month. Great if you like young adult fiction in particular.
Audible Free materials - Audible has some content free, with no registration or password required. And don’t forget to contact your English teacher or Andrea for the information on our school Audible accounts.
Picture books and Nonfiction books from NYCDOE - There are wonderful picture books and a lot of middle school nonfiction books available to any student in NYC schools. You will get a username and password from Andrea this summer.
Signing up for digital library card from NYPL if you have a smart phone or tablet with apps:
1. Go to the app store on your device, and download SimplyE (The Library E-Reader)
2. Once it downloads, open it, and go to Settings on the bottom right of the screen
3. Click on Accounts, and then click on The New York Public Library.
4. Click on "Don't have a Library card?" Sign Up
5. Agree to the terms on the first page, click "Allow Once" to access your location and put in your address information and name on the next screens. You will be asked to make a username and pin--please pick something easy to remember.
6. Now you can browse and check out e-books and audiobooks! Feel free to ask Andrea for suggestions!
Brooklyn Public Library is offering an online library card you can access with a computer.
Queens Public Library is also offering an online library card you can access with a computer.
You can't apply for a new NYPL library card using just a computer. You will need to borrow a phone or tablet to get a library card number. You can copy down your library card number and use it on a computer. You can also contact Andrea to help you get a card.
Please email Andrea if you need a Kindle to read books!