Congratulations! You have decided to contract to honors in Biology. This suggests that you are ready for a challenge. We invite you to enroll in Honors Biology. In order to do this you must commit to successfully completing the following:
1. Maintain an 85 or above average for both semesters.
2. Complete the “Honors Extension” on each Biology exhibition.
3. During the completion of the PBAT you must: choose an experimental topic and design that is considered to be higher level, do additional background research, proof read and edit other PBATs and do additional statistical analysis of your results.
4. Participate in the Envirothon (Environmental Science Competition)
5. Complete the bi-weekly article reading and reflection
ESCHS Envirothon Team
At the competition, each category is covered at a separate "Station", managed by its own expert "Stationmaster." For each category, the test includes 25 multiple-choice questions worth 4 points each (plus a tie-breaker question). At least half of the questions are "hands on" questions involving the use of equipment or maps, or audio/visual identification.
A sixth category, devoted to problem solving presentations, is a prominent feature of the National Envirothon and some state and regional Envirothons. Teams must attempt to resolve an environmental dispute assigned in advance and team members, each representing a different constituency, must defend their support or dissent in oral presentations to a panel of judges.